Monday, November 06, 2006

First Day on the Job

(reposted from another blog site I didn't like;
Originally authored on Thursday November 2, 2006)

Greetings from Helsinki, Finland! This is my way of staying in touch with friends and family while I am on a one-year sabbatical at the Finnish Meteorological Institute and University of Helsinki.

Yesterday, I arrived about an hour late due to airline delays. I was taken to my apartment on the island of Katajanokka (well connected to Helsinki Centre by bridges). It's a nice little apartment on the second floor, right off the trolley line. Very convenient. I think I'm pretty lucky.

Today I went on a whirlwind tour of my new building, meeting tons of people. Then, the afternoon and evening was spent getting my new MacBook Pro organized the way I like it. It's getting late and I need to get some dinner. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home