Friday, June 06, 2008

What's Up?

I know it's been over a month since I have posted, and I apologize. Lots has been happening, so I'll give an update in bullet form.

  • New web page at the University of Helsinki created. New publications since coming to Helsinki have been included on the CV page.
  • Been to the southernmost inhabited island in Finland, featuring the tallest lighthouse in the Nordic countries (built in 1906).
  • Went with Gil and Merja to a baroque french horn concert at the Sibelius Academy, and discovered the wonderful Italian restaurant Benjam's Bistro.
  • Been to Boston for the American Meteorological Society Publications Commission Meeting. Took Yvette with me, who relished the fact that her ancestors may be related to John Hancock. Did the Freedom Trail with her, got to the top of the Bunker Hill Monument: 294 steps.
  • Am invited to the American Embassy for an Independence Day celebration.
  • Am still working on my book, to be published by the American Meteorological Society. Still no title for it, even though it is 70% written.
  • Discovered two great restaurants in Helsinki: Azoros, and Savu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home