Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Misc Happenings


  • We had a dusting of snow last night. The first time the temperature has been sustained below freezing for a few weeks. I walked home through downtown amid the falling flakes last night. Very beautiful, and it is still outside.
  • I'm getting used to the sauna. I now find myself staying in for quite some time, and never finding it hot enough. Big change from the first few times in when I couldn't take it for much more than 10 minutes.
  • I gave my first presentation at FMI on Monday based on the work that we did on mammatus clouds. For the Monday before Christmas, I was impressed by the number of people that came out, even students from the university. The talk was entitled "What Causes Mammatus Clouds?" and a large poster was hung in the lobby of FMI to advertise the talk. (See photo to the right.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home