Dave in Suomi
Dave's adventures in Finland
Friday, August 29, 2008
I am proud to announce that the first draft of my book has now been submitted to the publisher. The book is called Eloquent Science: A Practical Guide to Becoming a Better Writer, Speaker, and Scientist and will be published by the American Meteorological Society in mid to late 2009.
(Image from everyonewhosanyone.com)
Monday, August 25, 2008
Bruce in Helsinki
OK, several people have asked why I haven't posted in a while. As happens, things got real busy the last few months. Here's a sampling of what happened since my last post.
* European Radar Conference in Helsinki: lots of friends from Oklahoma and the U.S. visited. Good to see them, and host them in my new hometown.
* July 11: Bruce Springsteen rocks Helsinki for three hours and 31 songs, including Born in the USA, Dancing in the Dark, 10th Ave Freezeout, Rosalita, and Santa Claus is Coming to Town.
* Robert Marc and Trina Friedman from Oslo visit for the Bruce show. It was great meeting new friends.
* Li and Kaijun leave Helsinki for Minnesota.
* Great new movies (Kung Fu Panda, Wall-E) and great old movies (Ed Wood, O Brother Where Art Thou?, Cars, Big Fish)
* Rowing with the Vaisala team started up again.
* Aug. 18: Richard Thompson concert, along with friends, Gil and Merja.
* Aug. 22: Helsinki Festival, 40th Anniversary free concert in Senate Square: Finnish artists perform the songs of 1968. What a hoot! Helsinki really knows how to throw free parties!