Saturday, November 18, 2006

What's Up With Those Finns?

Welcome to the debut of what I hope becomes a recurring feature of my blog: "What's Up With Those Finns?" This is where I comment on some interesting aspects of Finnish culture, from my own weird perspective.

  • How do elderly Finns and women in high-heeled boots comfortably walk around on sheets of ice that are causing me problems?
  • Why don't Finns wear ear protection more often in the cold winter air? Many people walk around with red ears.
  • Why do Finns drink sour milk, and why is their first justification for it always, "It's good for your digestion"? [The first carton of milk I bought my first night in Finland was this sour milk. Needless to say I was a little surprised at its thickness and taste--think drinkable yogurt without the nice taste.]
  • Finnish pizza will beat most pizzas in the U.S., except frozen pizza. I haven't found good frozen Finnish pizza as good as several brands in the U.S.

1 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger Ex-Expats said...

If you would allow anonymous answers, you would get loads of comments to this.

Frozen pizzas are made for pathetic people, you are not supposed to taste them. It's calories, not gourmet.
Get Kotipizza delivered if you want edible no-pain meals.

Cheers, Ex-Expat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home